CONIA is looking for world class athletes, from athletics as well as other sports, both active and retired, who embrace their cultural and ancestral roots and who are willing to become Ambassadors for CONIA. Ambassadors represent the peoples they belong to or trace their ancestry to as well as the global movement to strengthen fellow communities.
- Create awareness of their community as well as that of CONIA worldwide
- Help give their community role models to respect and admire in events to look forward to
- Strengthen their communities’ cohesion and pride
- Motivate children and young people to take up sports
- Create media coverage which helps their communities as well as others
- Improve our ability to attract sponsors for the events and communities’ sports development
Have you won medals for a certain country but do you feel you should have been able to win them for your tribe as well? Are you being lauded in the media for breaking that record but not being recognised as a Navajo or an Assyrian? Can you trace your roots to Ellan Vannin or Oromia and wish your fans would know where these places are? If so, then we would love you to contact us and explore the possibility of becoming one of our ambassadors.